Legal Secretary | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Part Time|
|Attachments:|| PDS.pdf (PDF, 322KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-May-2018|
Legal Secretary Part time - 20 hours per week Wellington
• Supportive and positive team
• Interesting criminal defence environment
• Excellent professional development and training opportunities
We are looking for a Legal Secretary to join our team in our Wellington office for 20 hours a week. We are a collegial and professional office with around 26 legal and support staff. You will be joining an experienced and supportive team who have a genuine interest in sharing knowledge and supporting one-another in an enjoyable, busy and sometimes challenging environment. The Public Defence Service (PDS) is New Zealand's largest criminal law practice, providing high quality legal advice and representation in a full range of criminal cases. Aimed at helping people access justice, the PDS promotes the values of respect, integrity, service and the delivery of excellent service to its clients. To be successful in this role you will need to be:
• a self starter with proven initiative and the ability to take control of a busy workload
• a team player who will support the lawyers in the office
• experienced and efficient in a range of administration functions including typing and data entry
• keen to learn about the world of criminal defence law Strong written communication and confident verbal communication skills are critical - both in terms of the work you will do with the lawyers, but also with our clients. The role is busy and your key tasks will include covering reception, opening and closing client files, writing letters, and data entry of file information.
As a key team member at the PDS you will have access to a very successful three month induction programme designed specifically for PDS administration staff.
Salary will depend on skills and experience and commences from $44,000 (85% of band).
APPLY and complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close on 23 May.