Legal Support Assistant | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Part Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 378KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-May-2018|
Legal Support Assistant, Part time – 28 hours per week, Wellington Public Defence Service
• Supportive and positive team
• Interesting criminal defence environment
• Excellent professional development and training opportunities
The Public Defence Service (PDS) is New Zealand's largest criminal law practice, providing high quality legal advice and representation in a full range of criminal cases.
We are looking for a super organised, practical and enthusiastic person to join our team in our Wellington office for 28 hours a week. We are a small team of around 24 staff. It is a friendly and collegial team delivering professional services in a busy environment.
To be successful in this role you will need to be:
• Well presented, with great customer service focus
• Excellent phone manner and communication skills
• a self starter with proven initiative, common sense and enthusiasm
• a team player
• very organised
• keen to learn about the world of criminal defence law
You will have a range of responsibilities including covering reception, answering phones, assisting our legal secretaries and supporting the office, copying, collating and filing legal documents.
As a key team member at the PDS you will have access to a very successful three-month induction programme for PDS administration staff. You will also be able to attend monthly training sessions.
Salary will depend on skills and experience and ranges from $37,000.
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close on Wednesday 23rd May 2018.