Support Services Manager | Christchurch
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Support Services Manager.pdf (PDF, 328KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-May-2018|
Support Services Manager Christchurch/Dunedin
• Interesting criminal defence environment
• Supportive and positive team
• Excellent professional development and training opportunities
We are looking for a Support Services Manager for our Christchurch and Dunedin Offices. This new role is the result of a legal support team review and we are looking for candidates with experience in both managing/leading a team across 2 offices and with an excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques.
The Public Defence Service (PDS) is New Zealand's largest criminal law practice, providing high quality legal advice and representation in a full range of criminal cases. Aimed at helping people access justice, the PDS promotes the values of respect, integrity, service and the delivery of excellent service to its clients.
To be successful in this role you will need to;
• Have the ability to think strategically, lead and motivate a team
• Have experience managing HR, administrative and financial areas
• Work collaboratively with other members of the team and across PDS and the Ministry
• Leverage opportunities for system, process and business improvement
As a Support Services Manager, you are responsible for leading and managing a team of legal support staff in the provision of proactive operational, business and administrative support to the Office Public Defender and legal staff. This includes any property, ICT, business, administration and HR requirements. The role is also responsible for managing and coordinating all secretarial and litigation support. The role is busy but rewarding and you will have access to an in-depth induction programme.
Salary will depend on skills and experience and commences at $76,000 (85% of band)
Apply and complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close at 5pm, 23rd May 2018