Team Manager - Implementation | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 278KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Jun-2018|
Team Manager - Implementation, Commissioning and Service Improvement, National Office, Wellington
A great opportunity to:
- lead a skilled team to deliver key implementation projects for the Ministry
- work with senior staff to help shape a new role
- develop your leadership, coaching and support skills
- apply your strategic skills at the nexus of policy and operations.
The Ministry of Justice provides a range of justice services around New Zealand. We have more than 3000 people working across 120 locations around the country, all working towards our vision of a safe and just New Zealand.
We are currently seeking two Team Managers to join the Implementation team and lead staff to deliver a complex programme of work. These are important new roles where initiative, leadership and commitment to team management disciplines will be critical to the Implementation Manager and wider team.
About the role:
The Implementation team is responsible for operationalising policy changes that impact how justice services operate, with a focus on implementing legislative and regulatory change.
The team is located within Operations and Service Delivery - the wider business group responsible for delivering services to the Ministry's customers and supporting service delivery through the Courts and Tribunals.
The Team Manager is a new role within the structure of the Implementation team and there are two positions available. Each Team Manager will be responsible for a team of 6-8 direct reports, and both Team Managers will report to the Manager - Implementation.
The Team Managers will be responsible for:
- supporting the Manager-Implementation at a strategic level, to identify and plan for incoming work and manage the wider work programme
- leading a team of Advisors and Senior Advisors to deliver a range of implementation and operational policy projects, often with legislated deadlines.
- providing support and coaching to team members to deliver to a high standard and develop toward their professional aspirations
- collaborating with key stakeholders across the Ministry, other agencies and the judiciary.
This is a full time, permanent position based in our National Office in Wellington. Would be an excellent opportunity for a secondment. The salary range for the role is 109,615 - 148,302.
Skills and experience required:
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- strong strategic planning and workflow management skills
- ability to lead people to deliver projects to a high standard within given timeframes
- identify and develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours required for your team to be effective
- be able to foster a team culture that is supportive, productive and committed to quality
- ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- experience in project management or operational policy development
- a strong understanding of workings of Government, the legislative process and the Justice sector
How to apply:
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description at the site, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter. For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close on Friday 1 June 2018.