Senior Advisor, Health and Safety | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Advisor, Health and Safety, PD.pdf (PDF, 203KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Apr-2018|
Health and Safety Senior Advisor, Wellington (MOJ/1330102)
- Leading, innovative health and safety team
- Growing team that is passionate about what they do and how they do it
The Ministry of Justice has a vacancy in its team delivering Health and Safety and Emergency Management and are seeking a full-time permanent Health and Safety Senior Advisor based at National Office.
The Ministry of Justice leads the justice sector and is wide ranging in what it provides from administering courts, legal aid, public defence service, policy advice and settlement agreements. With over 4,000 staff working over 90 sites the health and safety team are critical to the implementation of and ongoing support and improvement to health and safety initiatives within the Ministry of Justice.
About the role:
The Health and Safety and Emergency Management Team develops and delivers strategies and procedures that make the Ministry of Justice a great and safe place to work. As a Senior Advisor, you will be responsible to the Team Manager for the provision of support and advice to a range of internal business units and locations, and will take the lead on innovative and exciting programmes of work.
- Health and safety work programme ensuring high quality outcomes
- Encourage and inspire employee engagement in programmes
- Provide advice and support to leadership
- Analyse current audit compliance information and business intelligence
- Work with managers to develop strategies
- Drive continuous improvement
- Passionate about health and safety and inspiring others to feel the same
- Able to gather information, conduct analysis and identify gaps
- Relevant qualification or working knowledge
- Ability to influence others to enable delivery of process improvements
- Be part of an innovative and proactive team involved in cutting edge delivery
- Great working environment and engaged senior leadership team
Salary indication: $84,478 - $114,293.
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close on 27 April 2018.