Court Security Officer - Manukau | Auckland Region
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 181KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Apr-2018|
Court Security Officer, National Security Operations, Manukau
- Great job in a growth industry
- Training and career opportunities
- Friendly supportive team
Court Security Officers (CSOs) welcome people to the Court building. They engage with a hugely diverse range of people in the community, and connect with and support these people through what can be a difficult time in their lives. CSOs undertake security screening of court users. They work with other agencies (Police, Corrections) and stakeholders to ensure smooth day to day operations and patrol public areas and carry out building maintenance checks. They respond to duress alarm activations, operate and maintain Court facility CCTV and electronic access systems and identify and respond appropriately to security incidents.
- We are looking for candidates who are: effective verbal communicators who are able to interact with a diverse range of customers
- active negotiators who can interact, defuse and control potentially tense situations with distressed customers
- good written and oral communication skills: you will be using radio (RT), the telephone and be completing written risk and incident reports
- risk aware, alert and able to maintain a high degree of vigilance to maintain a secure environment in Court precincts
- total professionals with smart presentation and confident manner
As part of this role you will receive a full induction programme and training. Some paid overtime on Saturdays and evening court is available.
The expected starting salary for a CSO is between $40,301 - $47,412 - depending on the skills and experience that you bring to the role.
Applying To be successful in this application you must have a level of fitness which enables you to be on your feet for much of the day and able to complete the physically demanding Control and Restraint training. You must possess a full clean NZ drivers licence and be legally entitled to work in a permanent role in NZ. Preferred candidates will be required to pass a medical check and drug screen.
The successful applicant will commence employment at the Manukau District Court Building, and will then be required to undertake a two-week residential legislation and Control and Restraint training course at one of our main centres.
Please see the Position Description document for further information/requirements.
To apply please complete the application form, attaching your full CV and a covering letter. No applications will be considered without a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position. Applications close on Sunday 29 April 2018.