Policy Manager | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Policy Manager PD.docx (Word, 101KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Jan-2018|
POLICY MANAGERS x 2 (MOJ/1312846)
Permanent, Full time
National Office, Wellington
• Lead a strong team to deliver high quality advice on interesting justice issues
• Work with a wide group of internal and external stakeholders to create solutions
• Deliver advice that makes a difference
The Policy Group is recruiting for two Policy Managers. The positions we are seeking to fill are the manager of the Sentencing and Rehabilitation Team and the manager of the Civil Law and Human Rights Team.
About the teams and the roles
The Policy Managers report to the General Manager of their units.
As part of the Criminal Justice Unit, the Sentencing and Rehabilitation Team delivers advice that:
• contributes to a safe and humane justice system;
• helps maintain the integrity of the criminal justice system and reduce re-offending; and
• includes advice on bail, sentencing, parole and rehabilitative interventions.
As part of the Civil and Constitutional Unit, the Civil Law and Human Rights Team delivers advice that:
• protects and maintains human rights for all New Zealanders;
• drives clear and accessible law on trusts, contract, private international law and property rights;
• helps maintain regulatory systems that minimise harm to people and society.
Skills and experience
If you have proven yourself as a high performer then we want to hear from you.
• You will enjoy coaching and developing your team, and supporting individuals to deliver results
• You will be a proven problem solver and have the confidence to work with complexity and ambiguity
• You will have an ability to relate to all types of people, from a range of sectors and stakeholder groups
• You will have relevant qualification at bachelors level or higher.
• Be part of the Policy Team that is first in the public sector for quality policy advice.
• Seize the opportunity to lead a busy and high performing team.
• Enjoy a real breadth of work.
The salary range for these roles is $122,910 - $166,290.
APPLY and complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close on Tuesday 23 January 2018.
If you have a preference for either of these roles, please indicate your preference in your cover letter.