General Manager | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| General Manager Criminal Justice - Policy Group - PD.docx (Word, 104KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Jan-2018|
GENERAL MANAGER, CRIMINAL JUSTICE
- Work closely with leaders in Justice policy and operations
- Work closely with other Justice and Social Sector agencies
- Provide policy leadership in issues relating to law and order
About the team and the role
Reporting to the Deputy Secretary, Policy - the General Manager is responsible for the provision of Criminal Justice advice. The role is to provide the vision, strategic direction and leadership with a strong focus on delivering on the current and future Policy programme.
You will be a member of the Group's leadership and management team, and, as such, your responsibilities will include making a significant contribution to the vision, strategic direction, and leadership of the Group whilst determining and delivering the Group's work programme.
- Lead development of criminal justice policy
- Provide strategic leadership of criminal justice policy
- Lead delivery of the Criminal Justice Group work programme
- Manage performance of direct reports
- Contribute to leading and managing Policy Group and to delivering Policy Group work programme
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customers, stakeholders, and partners
Skills and experience
- Proven strategic leadership experience gained from within a complex public or private sector (ideally in policy/legislative) environment.
- The capacity to manage relationships and drive cohesion across a complex stakeholder environment.
- Political savvy to deal with ambiguity and make quality decisions in a dynamic and challenging setting.
- Superior people leadership with proven history in capability development - nurturing and challenging the performance of staff, and managing managers.
- A proven track record leading engagement with senior ministers and/or equivalent stakeholders.
- Ideally supported by relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Experience managing managers.
- Be part of the Policy Team that is first in the public sector for quality policy advice.
- Opportunity to influence criminal justice policy at the highest levels
- Real breadth of work
- Opportunity to lead a busy and high performing team.
APPLY and complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close on Tuesday 23rd January 2018.