Advisor Level 1 | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 298KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Nov-2017|
Advisor (Level 1), Policy Group, National Office
• Be part of a team working in the new Crown/Maori Relations portfolio
• Help us safeguard the durability of Treaty settlements
• Provide a focus on the opportunities that exist in a post-Treaty settlement environment
• Support us to maintain and strengthen Crown-Maori relationships
We work alongside the rest of the Crown, local government and settled groups to safeguard the durability of Treaty settlements. Our renewed focus is on enduring Crown/Maori relations. You will help respond to new policy initiatives or issues that arise across agencies in these areas.
About the team and the role
You can learn from the best. You will be surrounded by a great team that is committed, effective and fun. You will report to the Director of the Post Settlement Commitments Unit.
• Contribute advice across the Crown to ensure the durability of Treaty settlements and Crown/Maori relations
• Engage with iwi, hapu and Maori organisations to ensure relationships are maintained
• Assist parties to resolve settlement issues as they arise
• Contribute to the Ministry's strategic goal to deliver improved outcomes for Māori
Skills and experience
You will have an interest in Crown/Maori relations and Treaty settlements. You will have a knack for problem solving and can learn quickly. You are open to learning or have understanding of tikanga Maori. You should be able to foster networks across government and be a team player with initiative and strong delivery. A relevant qualification at bachelor's level or higher is required.
• The opportunity to experience meeting with settled iwi, build government networks, and engage directly with Ministers
• Policy Group's work touches the lives of all New Zealanders, is diverse, interesting and challenging
• Policy Group fosters a learning environment, strives for excellence and is intellectually strong, whilst building our people and having fun
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close on Monday 27 November 2017.