Senior Advisor Maori | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 375KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Nov-2017|
Senior Advisor Maori, 6 months fixed term, Policy Group, National Office
• Be part of a team working in the new Crown/Maori Relations portfolio
• Help us safeguard the durability of Treaty settlements
• Provide a focus on the opportunities that exist in a post-Treaty settlement environment
• Support us to maintain and strengthen Crown/Maori relationships
We work alongside the rest of the Crown, local government and settled groups to safeguard the durability of Treaty settlements. Our renewed focus is on enduring Crown/Maori relations. You will help respond to new policy initiatives or issues that arise across agencies in these areas.
About the team and the role
We are a committed, effective and fun team. You will lead work to improve the capability within the Policy Group, while also contributing advice across the Ministry and the Crown. You will report to the Director of the Post Settlement Commitments Unit.
• Contribute advice across the Crown to ensure the durability of Treaty settlements and Crown/Maori relations
• Contribute to the Ministry's strategic goal to deliver improved outcomes for Maori
• Contribute to broader policy capability within the Policy Group
• Engage with settled iwi and hapū and Māori organisations to ensure relationships are maintained
• Assist parties to resolve settlement issues as they arise
Skills and experience
You will bring sound experience in policy development, Treaty settlements or a relevant field. You will bring an understanding of tikanga Maori and te reo Maori. You will build strong agency networks, be a team player with initiative and robust delivery.
• Policy Group's work touches the lives of all New Zealanders, is diverse, interesting and challenging
• Policy Group fosters a learning environment, strives for excellence and is intellectually strong, whilst building our people and having fun
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close on Monday 27 November 2017.