General Manager Sector Insights | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 62KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Nov-2017|
General Manager, Sector Insights, Sector Group, National Office
- Lead teams that turn data into insight for action
- Contribute to decision making on the justice system
- Provide strong internal and cross-agency leadership on data and information
Sector Group is a multi-disciplinary team that brings together the best of strategy, policy, data analysis, research and evaluation capabilities to inform decision making by justice agency leaders.
We support justice agencies to work together to deliver ambitious results, for a safe and just New Zealand.
Now is an exciting time for you to become a part of MOJ in the Sector Group as the insights and advice we provide are highly sought after, our work is characterised by innovation, quality and impact and we are informing the direction for justice agencies.
This tier 3 role is a unique opportunity to:
- make a difference for New Zealanders,
- lead, mentor and guide a high performing team and
- lead complex and challenging, yet highly satisfying work
This is an exciting opportunity to provide strategic leadership in the provision of insights for decision-makers. This is done through through data analysis, research, evaluation, information management, and knowledge development across the Ministry of Justice and other justice agencies.
To be successful you must be a passionate leader and possess substantial experience in:
- Lead teams to turn data into insight that enables decision-making
- Leadership in a medium or large organisation, and demonstrated success in a senior management role
- Working as a member of a senior management team with varying unit goals but shared organisational goals
- Working with Ministers and key stakeholders across government
- Communicating with a wide range of audiences on a range of complex issues
- Relationship management demonstrated by establishment and maintenance of a range of effective business/operational management inter-relationships across business units
- A tertiary degree in a relevant field.
The General Manager, Sector Insights, facilitates the development of evidence- and data-driven insights in collaboration with business units and leaders in the Ministry of Justice and with justice agencies, providing intellectual leadership to this process, demonstrating value, and effective relationship management. This role requires someone who can take data and information from interesting, to useful, to used.
Please contact Stacey Richardson for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close Wednesday 22 November and must be made through the Ministry of Justice's careers centre (www.justice.govt.nz/careers).