|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 249KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Sep-2017|
Senior Analyst, Sector Group, National Office
• Do you have a have a passion for data and an ability to tell a story from numbers?
• Are you confident to lead large pieces of work that are regularly presented to Justice Sector Ministers and the Ministry's Leadership Team?
• Can you mentor, lead and help others to turn data into insight?
About the Sector Group
Sector Group is a multi-disciplinary team that brings together the best of strategy, policy, data analysis, research and evaluation capabilities to inform decision making by Justice Sector leaders.
The Sector Group vision is to support an integrated Justice Sector to deliver ambitious results, for a safe and just New Zealand.
About the team:
The Sector Group provides the analytical power within Ministry of Justice. It is responsible for generating insights for a wide range of customers including; Ministers, the Chief Executive, policy decision makers, and operational managers across the Ministry. Our customers use the insights we provide to take action and drive strategic improvements in the Justice Sector.
As a Senior Analyst you will turn data into insight, contribute to a range of data analysis work across Sector Group. The analysis will help provide internal and external stakeholders with an understanding of trends, models and forecasts. You will assess impacts of policies and behaviours in the justice sector, and communicate outcomes effectively to clients and stake holders at all levels.
To be successful in the role you will have:
• two plus years of analytical experience solving complex business problems
• logical thinking
• an aptitude to convey data and insights simply to senior leaders
• leadership qualities
• great communication skills
• ability to use SAS or similar analytical software
• have a rewarding role turning data into insight to enable business action
• be mentoring Analysts for both technical and non-technical skills
• be helping progress the business plan across the Sector Group
Salary range: $79,704-$107,835
Please contact Fiona Reid for more information Fiona.Reid@justice.govt.nz
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close Monday 25 September 2017. For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.