|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| POL-102 Senior Policy Advisor Policy Group.docx (Word, 101KB)
|Application Close Date:||15-Oct-2017|
SENIOR POLICY ADVISORS
National Office, Wellington
• Challenge yourself with complex policy issues across the justice and social sectors
• Work across government and lead legislation through the parliamentary process
• Be part of a supportive and collegial team, and coach your junior colleagues
When you choose to work at Justice – Tahu o Te Ture you'll join a successful team that covers a diverse portfolio and administers around 200 pieces of legislation. Our work is broad-ranging, complex and challenging. You'll be dealing with the Minister, Select Committees, and a wide range of stakeholders on matters of law, challenging social problems, and justice sector issues ranging from operational to ethical.
We need people who can work across teams on issues such as reducing and responding to offending, protecting human rights and privacy, and facilitating access to the justice system.
As a Senior Advisor you will develop your critical thinking capability to lead, shape and present policy solutions. You will use your relationship management skills to work across government. You will coach and mentor our up and coming advisors, lead policy projects, and contribute to the policy group's learning environment.
Join a team with a deserved reputation for quality – we are consistently among the top ranked policy groups in the NZIER survey. We offer many opportunities for career and professional development.
Skills and experience
If you are a proven high performer, then we want to hear from you. You will:
• be comfortable coaching and upskilling your colleagues
• deal with ambiguity confidently
• be a self starter who takes ownership of your work
• relate to all types of people, from the justice system's end users to parliamentarians, and
• have a relevant qualification at bachelors level or higher.
If you are passionate about making a difference for New Zealanders and want to work for an organisation which values excellence, integrity, service and respect, come and join the Ministry working for justice.
The breadth of our work programme and our commitment to ongoing professional development will set you up for many career opportunities.
The salary range for these roles is $79,704- $107,835.
APPLY and complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close on 15 October 2017. If you have any questions, please phone the policy manager chairing the recruitment panel on (04) 498 0642.