|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 230KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Aug-2017|
Administrative Support, Office of Treaty Settlements, National Office
- Work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Be part of a Business Support Team
- You will be an experienced administrator who is happy working in a fast paced environment
At the Office of Treaty Settlements (OTS) there is a genuine opportunity to be a part of New Zealand's future - one that is watched by the rest of the world. We work to resolve grievances of the past and to build relationships with Māori through lasting Treaty settlements. OTS is responsible to the Minister in charge of Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations for the provision of policy and negotiations advice and implementation of historical Treaty of Waitangi claims. We provide advice on, and operation of, protection mechanisms applying to the disposal of surplus Crown land and we also administer the Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Act 2011.
OTS is looking for an Administration superstar to join its Business Support team. The role is based in Wellington at the Ministry of Justice National Office.
You will be an experienced administrator who is happy working in a fast paced environment where you are required to respond to changing needs and priorities. You will work closely with the Manager Business Support providing whole of office support across a range of activities. Using your sound knowledge of office processes you will create effective and efficient office systems, provide general administrative support and back-up to your team members as required.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate the following experience, qualifications and technical skills:
- Intermediate knowledge of Outlook email software, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Word processing and data management skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and planning skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to relate to a wide range of people at all levels
- Sound knowledge of office procedures, business processes and filing structures
- National Certificate in Business Administration (level 4) or other relevant qualification, or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience and a commitment to ongoing development
- Government experience would be an advantage
You'll be a fast learner, enthusiastic, flexible, willing to put 100% effort into every day and have a great sense of humour. You will need to show initiative and the willingness to get things done. If this sounds like you, then apply now.
Salary range: $40,800 - $55,199
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close at 5pm, Friday 18 August 2017.