Director Maori Strategy | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Director Maori Strategy July 2017.docx (Word, 103KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-Aug-2017|
Director Maori Strategy, Wellington
- Inspiring (strategic) cultural leadership
- Mentoring and supporting colleagues
- Supporting implementation of our strategy
The role of the Director Maori Strategy is to lead and manage the development of organisational strategies relating to the Treaty of Waitangi and Maori, to ensure better Justice outcomes for New Zealand.
As Director Maori Strategy you will support the implementation of the strategy with your depth of understanding and knowledge of tikanga Maori. You will have a passion for advancing the success of Maori through the promotion, establishment and effective relationships across the Ministry and with our partners at a “flax roots” level.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Drive the implementation of the Justice strategy for Maori
- Promote understanding and commitment for the Ministry of Justice's objectives and strategies
- Partner with your colleagues and managers sharing knowledge and insights
- Be creative, innovative and flexible in seeking solutions.
The Ministry is an exciting place to work, with large scope for your own development and growth as well as the opportunity to play a key part in changing the way we deliver services to our customers working with the Sector across our communities.
To apply, complete the online application form, attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on Thursday 17 August 2017.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Christine.Poole-Alefaio@justice.govt.nz