Director, Products and Services Design
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 453KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Aug-2017|
Director, Products & Services Design (ICT Services), Ministry of Justice, National Office, Wellington
• The primary purpose of Products and Services Design is to take the product and service pipeline
• Demonstrated time management and organisational skills, with the ability to work consistently to deadlines under tight time-frames
• Leadership skills including HR, team building, innovation and motivation skills and experience in leading professional services teams, such as Solution Architecture or Business Analysi
A unique opportunity has emerged in the Technology Office within ICT of the Ministry of Justice. Participate in a pivotal role and be part of an exciting time for ICT in shaping the new team.
The primary purpose of Products and Services Design is to take the product and service pipeline, as it has been defined through the enterprise blueprint and domain architecture, and shape the design outputs of all ICT change activity. As the Director, Products & Services Design you are responsible for managing ICT's product and service design capability. You will contribute to the delivery of quality ICT services to Ministry customers, leading the Business Analysis, Service Design and Solution Architecture functions.
As a member of the Chief Technology Officer's management team, this role is jointly responsible for the establishment and maintenance of a collaborative ‘one team' approach and customer service ethic by identifying and championing a range of initiatives which communicate and embed this approach.
• Lead a Products and Services Design function that ensures outcomes are achieved and enterprise solutions are delivered to meet customer needs;
• Provide thought leadership in Service Design and Service Architecture to create innovative and efficient solution design and improvement;
• Lead the implementation of adaptive requirements and design practices to support the implementation of continuous delivery;
• Provide expert advice and strategic input into the development of the Ministry's products and services portfolio, ensuring it aligns with the Ministry's policies, strategies and architecture; and
• Develop and implement frameworks, methods and processes to ensure cost effective design and delivery.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
• Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects and delivery requirements;
• Experience in the development and improvement of ICT business products and services;
• High level problem solving skills & judgment capability;
• Solid business development skills and the ability to build strong supplier and customer relationships;
• Leadership skills including HR, team building, innovation and motivation skills and experience in leading professional services teams, such as Solution Architecture or Business Analysis;
• Tenacity and drive to achieve outstanding results;
• Demonstrated time management and organisational skills, with the ability to work consistently to deadlines under tight time-frames; and
• A collaborative approach, willing to share knowledge, experience and ideas for the betterment of the group.
Further details about this role are provided in the attached position description.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this role further please contact Rachel.Watters@justice.govt.nz.
Salary range: $143,766 - $194,507
Please complete the application form attaching your CV and Cover Letter. Applications will close on Friday 18 August 2017.