Support Officer Case Management / Court Taker | Auckland
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 1.66MB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Aug-2017|
Support Officer (Case Management)/Court Taker, Auckland Tribunals Unit
• Permanent full-time role
• Opportunity to apply your excellent administrative skills
• Supportive team environment
Showcase your outstanding organisation skills, ability to multi-task, proactive attitude and exceptional communication skills to support the Tribunals' case-management team and judiciary.
About the team and the role
The Tribunals Unit provides support services to 28 tribunals, each with functions and powers to hear and resolve disputes between parties. The teams that support our Tribunals Unit are supportive, friendly, customer-focussed and driven to provide the best service possible. The Support Officer (Case Management) plays a key role in the day-to-day business. This particular role will primarily focus on supporting the teams at the Immigration and Protection Tribunal, Motor Vehicle Disputes Tribunal and the Lawyers and Conveyances Disciplinary Tribunal, with opportunities to learn and provide support for other tribunals when required.
You'll enjoy the diversity of support and admin duties in a busy office which include:
• Setting up hearing rooms;
• Operating the hearing evidence recording system and maintaining accurate logs;
• Administering Oaths and Affirmations;
• Performing Court Rituals and ensuring hearings are conducted to existing protocol;
• Liaising with relevant parties in order to manage a seamless operation within the courtroom;
• Assisting and supporting the judicial officers conducting the hearings;
• Managing the distribution of case files;
• Performing reception duties;
• Coordinating office supplies, stationery, incoming and outgoing mail; and
• Assisting with various admin tasks.
Skills and experience
You are an excellent communicator, have first-rate computer skills, experience working with customers and fast/accurate data entry speeds. You have a strong eye for detail and exceptional organisation skills with a proactive and friendly attitude. You can work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and are flexible, calm, resilient and able to take direction well. Given the day-to-day tasks of this role, it will suit someone with strong admin skills who is keen to learn about how the justice system works or for those with an interest in law.
• The salary range is $39,000 - $53,000
• Training and ongoing coaching that supports individual development
• Monday to Friday core office hours (8.00am-5.00pm)
• Knowing that in undertaking this role you are contributing to the delivery of quality justice services to New Zealanders
You must be a permanent resident of New Zealand to be eligible to apply for this role. In addition you will also need a current Drivers License.
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close on Friday 18 August 2017 at 5.00pm.