Judges Clerk | Auckland City
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 463KB)
|Application Close Date:||07-Aug-2017|
Judges Clerk (2 years, Fixed Term), Auckland District Court
- You will provide high quality research
- You will have an LLB with a good academic record
- Efficient and accurate legal support on any topic required
You'll provide high quality research to resident and visiting District Court Judges in the Auckland region. Your role will be to aid the Judge. You will fulfil that responsibility by supplying efficient and accurate legal support on any topic required.
You'll have an LLB with a good academic record, excellent written communication skills, and good computer literacy. You're experienced at working independently towards deadlines, and able to manage the pressures of your workload while maintaining confidentiality. You're also able to consider the practicality of outcomes as well as their legality.
This position is for 2 years fixed term and you'll be located at the Auckland District Court.
You are also required to include with your application:
- Copy of the transcript of your academic record.
- Provide an example of your recent legal research that you have completed preferably not more than two pages in length.
Applicants must be prepared to provide details of any criminal convictions and also to subject themselves to a Police check.
Starting $46,288 with six monthly increases
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close on Monday 7 August 2017.