Court Security Officer | Greymouth
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| CSO Aug 16 Job Description.pdf (PDF, 185KB)
CSO - Self Assessment Forms.doc (Word, 42KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-Mar-2017|
Court Security Officer
Opportunity to be involved in something unique
Full time - 40 hours per week
Greymouth District Court, Greymouth, Ministry of Justice
The Ministry of Justice is looking for a passionate, value driven person to join the national Technical and Judicial Security team to work in Greymouth District Court, working in a small close knit Court team serving the ministry and local West Coast community. This is an opportunity to be part of the Nelson, Marlborough, West Coast, Court Security team, which is committed and dedicated to keeping all those who come into contact with the Courts “safe”. As part of the Ministry of Justice, you’ll be joining an agency committed to delivering modern, accessible, people centred justice services.
The skills you’ll possess:
• You’ll love meeting people from all walks of life, possess excellent customer service and relationship building skills
• Share the ministry values and be passionate about keeping people safe
• Great negotiator, can act appropriately to engage with distressed, disgruntled and sometimes hostile customers to defuse and control tense situations
• Excellent communication skills; including radio (RT), telephone and written
• Have the ability to work unsupervised
• Ability to respond appropriately to security incidents and communicate relevant information clearly and concisely under pressure
• Able to maintain a high degree of vigilance to maintain a secure environment in court precincts
• A high level of resilience
• Sound judgement and decision making ability
• Outstanding professionalism and impeccable appearance and deportment while on duty
• Current First Aid certificate
• Ability to operate or learn to CCTV recording systems and electronic access systems
The responsibilities you’ll have: The role of the Court Security Officer is a vitally important one which underpins not only the safe day-to-day running of the Greymouth High and District Courts, but also the wider Court environs. The number of visitors, staff, Judiciary, and stakeholders coming to the Court means that vigilance at all times is paramount.
More specifically you will be responsible for:
• Understanding fully the powers and limitations of the Court Security Officer as given by the Courts Security Act 1999.
• Providing outstanding customer service, assisting all court users and monitoring court activities
• Undertaking regular security screening of court users
• Liaising with other agencies (Police, Corrections), and stakeholders to ensure smooth day to day operations
• Patrolling public areas and carrying out building maintenance checks
• Responding to duress alarm activations
• Operating and maintaining Court facility CCTV and electronic access systems
• Identifying and responding appropriately to security incidents
Benefits Salary indication: $39,312.00 - $46,249.00
Applying To apply for the role you must also have a level of fitness which enables you to be on your feet for much of the day and able to complete the physically demanding Control and Restraint training.
You must possess a full clean NZ drivers licence and be legally entitled to work in a full time, permanent role in NZ.
The successful applicant will commence employment at the Greymouth District Court Building, Guiness Street, Greymouth and will then be required to undertake residential legislation and Control and Restraint training at one of our main centres.
Please see the Position Description document for further information/requirements.
To apply please complete the application form and self assessment form fully, attaching your full CV and a covering letter. No applications will be considered without the completed self assessment form.
Close off : - Friday 31 March 2017