|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Principal Advisor - POL 101.pdf (PDF, 229KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Apr-2017|
PRINCIPAL ADVISOR National Office
• Provide thought leadership
• Work with others to create solutions
• Fixed term appointments or secondments will be considered
About the team and the role The Policy Group is responsible for the provision of all policy-related services to the government, providing well-researched advice on a range of justice related issues. The Group has four business units: Criminal Justice, Courts and Justice Services, Civil and Constitutional and the Post Settlement Commitments Unit.
We offer a stimulating and intellectually rewarding environment with opportunities to further develop your expertise. We provide policy advice on a broad range of issues, from family law and protection of vulnerable people to criminal procedure and regulation of the legal profession.
As a Principal Advisor, you will provide professional and intellectual leadership, support the management team, develop and share your knowledge, coach policy advisors and foster a learning environment.
Skills and experience If you have proven yourself as a high performer then we want to hear from you.
• You will be a proven problem solver, and be comfortable coaching and upskilling your colleagues
• You will have the confidence to work with complexity and ambiguity, and take ownership of your work to deliver results
• You will have an ability to relate to all types of people, from a range of sectors and stakeholder groups
• You will be an experienced senior or principal advisor level
• You will have relevant qualification at bachelors level or higher
• Be part of the Policy Team with a reputation for high quality policy advice
• Seize opportunities to develop broader policy experience by working across a diverse range of areas
• Work on complex policy across justice and social sectors
Meet some of our team and find out what it's like to work at Justice APPLY and complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter.
Salary Band $105,630 - $142,911
Applications close on Sunday 2 April 2017.