|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 205KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Mar-2017|
Senior Researcher, Strategic Performance (6 months fixed-term), Strategic Performance, National Office
• We are looking for an experienced senior researcher to join a multi-disciplinary team
• An opportunity for you to lead the research component of a complex project
• Our mission is to deliver modern, accessible, people-centred justice services
We are looking for an experienced senior researcher to join a multi-disciplinary team at the corporate centre of the Ministry of Justice. The role offers a birds’-eye view of the Ministry and presents an opportunity for you to lead the research component of a complex project, working with senior people across all areas of our business.
The Ministry of Justice works for a safe and just New Zealand, and our mission is to deliver modern, accessible, people-centred justice services. In late 2017 we will be undergoing a Performance Improvement Framework (PIF) review, and to prepare, we must perform a self-review. We are establishing a dedicated project team to lead a thorough review of our capability to manage our organisation and deliver results.
You will report directly to the Director Strategic Performance and work to the project sponsor, the Deputy Chief Executive.
To be successful in this role you will:
• be an experienced researcher with experience of working in a government agency environment
• be able to conduct highly effective interviews, facilitate focus groups and design and run surveys to elicit key information
• be able to analyse and triangulate qualitative and quantitative data to identify key findings
• have excellent written communication skills, be able to prepare concise and coherent summaries of large amounts of information and develop written reports to a high standard
• apply sound project management practices to support team effectiveness, efficiency and timely delivery of results
• have excellent relationship management skills and be comfortable working with people at all levels of the Ministry.
Salary band: $83,641 - $113,162
Applicants seeking a part-time position and/or a secondment are welcome to apply.
To apply, complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter. Applications close Wednesday 29 March 2017.