|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Finance Manager.pdf (PDF, 313KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Mar-2017|
Finance Manager X2
The Ministry has a clear vision to deliver modern, accessible, people-centred justice services and has a focus on improving services to customers and stakeholders to achieve this.
Finance is part of the Ministry’s corporate group forming the Ministry's pit crew, enabling the business to do business and to deliver the Ministry’s strategic intentions. Through a new strategic alignment we have this newly created opportunity to assist on building a single operational model with a greater focus on strategic financial management.
The Finance Manager’s purpose is to be a trusted financial advisor to the Deputy Chief Executive (DCE) for one or more business groups, providing dedicated financial and commercial leadership to the branch senior leadership team/s (SLT) and business managers.
This role is accountable for providing robust, effective financial leadership and advice to the DCE that, as a result of this, lifts the financial capability and performance of the business group.
The following experience and attributes are essential to be successful in this role:
- A business or management graduate
- A member of Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand (preferably Chartered Accountant) or equivalent
- Proven success in leading, motivating and engaging teams with strong people management skills.
- Proven experience in financial management in a medium to large public sector and/or relevant private sector experience.
- Advanced strategic thinking ability, including demonstrable experience in applying commercial principles when developing business and financial management strategies to achieve effective organisational performance in large and complex organisations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex messages clearly, simply and concisely.
The Finance Manager will lead a high performing team of finance professionals that strive to provide excellent financial services and are trusted, work collaboratively across the Ministry and provide advice beyond the numbers. Therefore a proven ability to build strong relationships and to work collaboratively, with advanced interpersonal and well-developed political nous is a must.
All applications must be submitted online.