Advisor Level 2
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Policy Advisor Level 2 POL-103.pdf (PDF, 233KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Mar-2017|
POLICY ADVISOR, LEVEL 2 National Office
• Receive excellent coaching support and work within a supportive, high-performing team
• Contribute to interesting work that is challenging and complex
• Seize opportunities to work in a diverse range of subject areas
About the team and the role
When you choose to work at Justice – T h o Te Ture - you’ll join a successful and dynamic team responsible for a diverse portfolio. We produce high quality policy advice, and you will contribute to this by providing sound analysis on a wide range of increasingly complex issues. Join the agency with broad reach and opportunities for career and professional development within the public sector.
The Policy Group is responsible for the provision of policy-related services to Ministers, providing well-researched advice on a range of justice related issues. The Group has four business units: Criminal Justice, Courts and Justice Services, Civil and Constitutional and the Post Settlement Commitments Unit. We offer a stimulating and intellectually rewarding environment with opportunities to further develop your expertise, and to liaise with Ministers, departmental officials, operational colleagues, and stakeholders from across the justice sector.
Skills and experience
We want to hear from you if:
• You find complex problems interesting and have a knack for problem solving
• You are an excellent communicator who can build strong working relationships and works effectively in a team environment
• You have a solid foundation in policy development or approximately two years experience in a relevant field
• You learn quickly, and are enthusiastic about learning from more experienced advisors, and sharing your knowledge with peers
• You have a relevant qualification at bachelors level or higher
When you join us we will provide you with the support, opportunities and training to ensure that you further develop the breadth and depth of your policy knowledge and skills.
If you are passionate about making a difference for New Zealanders and want to work for an organisation which values excellence, integrity and respect, come and join the Ministry working for justice
APPLY and complete the application form, attaching your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on Thursday 23 March.