Court Reporter - Hamilton | Hamilton
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| HC-528 Court Reporter NTS NEW.pdf (PDF, 155KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Mar-2017|
Court Reporters - Full Time Permanent , Hamilton
National Transcription Service, Ministry of Justice
A unique perspective on the justice system – making a difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
An accurate record is often at the heart of the justice system, and transcription is an essential part of that.
The National Transcription Service (NTS) has a focus on efficiently servicing the transcription needs of courts and tribunals through specialist digital recording technology.
In the demanding role of NTS Court Reporter, no two days are the same. You will be exposed to unique situations in a changeable and fast-paced work environment as you transcribe a variety of court and other cases, across a range of jurisdictions. You will be part of a national network from within a supportive local team; working together to transcribe audio recorded anywhere in the country.
Requirements for this role include:
- An accurate audio-typing speed of at least 70 words per minute (wpm) with the expectation this will increase with the use of smart transcription tools;
- A high standard of written English (comprehension, vocabulary, punctuation, spelling and grammar);
- Fully competent in a Windows based environment (particularly MSWord) - with the ability to learn new systems and navigate through multiple applications;
- Composure under pressure: adaptable and able to productively, but safely, self-manage workload in an often changeable environment;
- Experience in a detailed focused/ quality driven environment
- The ability to understand and apply legal protocols and court procedures;
- The ability to handle emotive subject matters and research/ learn complex terminology (e.g. legal/ medical/ scientific/ industrial);
- Excellent, customer focused decision making.
While previous transcription experience is an advantage, this role may also suit someone with great typing and computer skills who would like exposure to the justice sector.
Full training will be given. Bring your excellent typing skills, your adaptability and unflappable nature and we’ll teach you everything else you need to know.
Applications close 25 March 2017.